January 15, 2015

OPEN BOX - Officer of the Empress' Dragoons


SUBJECT


Officer of the Empress' Dragoons - France 1815
Pegaso Models - Ref. 75/088
75 mm - Metal
Sculpted by Mike Polski
Box art painted by Danilo Cartacci




PARTS












MY PERSONAL IMPRESSIONS

After the 75 mm Pegaso Models mounted French Hussard captain, this was only the second Napoleonic miniature that I purchased. Finally, I seem to have fallen for the French Premier Empire period. 

I quite like the overall look of this miniature. Its style does remind me of the static Napoleonic miniatures produced by Metal Modeles, be it that these are predominantly in 54 mm.

Overall casting is very good, but with my copy the hilt guard of the sabre with the typical grenade, is deformed and will need some reworking - or I might ask my usual trader to send me a new part which will be no problem I am sure. Thus, all in all a minor issue.  

Recommended.


BOX ART PHOTOS

© Pegaso Models - Painted by Danilo Cartacci

© Pegaso Models - Painted by Danilo Cartacci

© Pegaso Models - Painted by Danilo Cartacci

© Pegaso Models - Painted by Danilo Cartacci



FOLLOWERS

THE FINEST PAINTERS, SCULPTORS & SCALE MODELERS

THE FINEST PAINTERS, SCULPTORS & SCALE MODELERS