February 9, 2015

OPEN BOX - Officer of the Guide on Horseback


SUBJECT

Officer of the Guide on Horseback - Egypt 1798
Pegaso Models - Ref. 75/091
75 mm - Metal
Sculpted by Richard Galiceck
Box art painted by Danilo Cartacci



PARTS












MY PERSONAL IMPRESSIONS

Another Napoleonic miniature and quite a colourful subject too. 

There has been some debate on Planet Figure forum about the historical correctness of the uniform. I have little or no knowledge concerning Napoleonic uniforms however and while part of the criticism may be true, I tend not to care too much anymore and just enjoy a lovely miniature when I see one. It is not that I do not care about historical correctness, but as I have no sculpting skills I have to be happy with the commercial releases and as long as these keep coming as beautiful and interesting like this one, well, then I am a very happy modeler!

Quality wise I have only one remark: casting is just outstanding. The added base, which is a lot different from the usual formless chunks of metal, is also big plus for me. 


BOX ART PHOTOS

© Pegaso Models - Painted by Danilo Cartacci

© Pegaso Models - Painted by Danilo Cartacci

© Pegaso Models - Painted by Danilo Cartacci

© Pegaso Models - Painted by Danilo Cartacci


FOLLOWERS

THE FINEST PAINTERS, SCULPTORS & SCALE MODELERS

THE FINEST PAINTERS, SCULPTORS & SCALE MODELERS